Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
7 Replies 7

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the admin guide i found it under the chapter: administer Cisco ISE, Log into cisco ise

Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.3 - Administer Cisco ISE [Cisco Identity Services Engine]…

I have not enabled SSH while configuring ISE, now I am not able even able to open any cli console. This guide is asking to put command on cli, but for me cli itself is not opening.

If it was not enabled during the bootstrapping, you will need to gain CLI access via another method in order to enable the SSH service on ISE.

If this is a physical appliance, you can connect to the CIMC and use the virtual KVM to gain console access.

If this is a virtual appliance, you would need to use the relevant virtual console depending on what virtual platform you are using (VMware, KVM, etc).

Thank you so much, it worked for me.

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SSH can be enabled when you bootstrap ISE.

Here is CLI command to enable SSH.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/cli_ref_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_21/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_21_chapter_01.html#wp4131017829

-Krishnan

Hello everyone,

I can enter in ise server with GUI by used my username and password and can login as fine, But the CLI ssh i can't enter when i used my username and password, How can enable the account in cli?

Any help

THANKS