Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient Bandwidth error

ShoutTelecoms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking at integrating our call-record platform to work with Cisco HCS, and am having difficulty with the forked audio call. I have set up a recording profile, built-in-bridge etc in CUCM but when I receive the call, it shortly clears with a BYE containing:

Warning: 370 172.27.199.11 "Insufficient Bandwidth"

Reason: Q.850; cause=125

This is after 5 RTP packets. Am I supposed to send RTP back, or RTCP? Also, shouldn't there be a second audio stream?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Please check this url for related info - Multiple RTP packets recording. moving your question under UC Manager SIP community for more visibility of support engineers.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

The error is likely due to 'region' settings for bandwidth allocation and call quality: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-codec-c40/119207-ts-failures-end-ccm-00.…

My understanding is that call signaling and media setups are somewhat decoupled, which may explain why you receive a brief bit of RTP...

I'm not sure if there are any special considerations or handling with a HCS situation - hopefully between the customer admin and HCS support, they can review the recording architecture vs. their current config, and adjust region/bandwidth settings as needed to accommodate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: