Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Backup using FMC & other options

shivaprasad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

I was looking for FTD backup/restore option from FMC and I understand that there is below enhancement in progress & we cannot have a full backup of FTD from FMC as of now.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb77246

Also, we know that Full backup/restore of FTD is supported from FDM and hence had few queries before I can suggest customer on the approach to backup/restore FTD in case of RMA or any other failure.

Background is that customer is using Firepower 4140 in FTD Cluster and managing them via FMC 4000/4500.

Please help with the below queries:

1. Does the backup from Firepower Chassis GUI > System > Configuration > export page and then import should help in restoring all FTD configuration?
  2. Can customer use both FMC and FDM so that the issue of FTD Backup/Restore is resolved ?? Customer doesn’t want to stop using FMC as they are centrally managing FTDs & NGIPS devices.
  3. If I do FTD configuration export from point 1 and FTD install/upgrades/import Access Policy, SSL policy and other policies from FMC backup, are we missing any configuration of FTD like Routing/Natting ??

Please help in this as we have customer asking these questions & waiting for the answers.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Shivaprasad Gudsi

1 Reply 1

anubmath
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

1. You can use the configuration export feature to export an XML file containing logical device and platform configuration settings for your Firepower 4100/9300 chassis to a remote server or your local computer. You can later import that configuration file to quickly apply the configuration settings to your Firepower 4100/9300 chassis to return to a known good configuration or to recover from a system failure.

2. No, both cannot be used simultaneously.

3. Not Applicable.

Regards,

Anubhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card