cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plus license consumption in 2.3

Eric Pineda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did plus licensing consumption change for 2.3? I 'am seeing that Cisco IP phones don't increase the count against plus license even after they get profiled as the specific model and match the Cisco IP phone AuthZ rule. Other device such as printers and non-Cisco IP Phones do increase the count. Wondering if this is known.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

ISE plus license consumption is broken in 2.3.  I pointed it out to the BU several months ago.  If you use identity groups in your rules, i.e. the ones automatically created by the profiling rules, then no plus licenses will be consumed.  I am guessing if you use the profiling groups instead the plus licensing will be consumed. 

I only use endpoint identity groups in my setups so none of my ISE installs post 2.3 consume plus licenses. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

ISE plus license consumption is broken in 2.3.  I pointed it out to the BU several months ago.  If you use identity groups in your rules, i.e. the ones automatically created by the profiling rules, then no plus licenses will be consumed.  I am guessing if you use the profiling groups instead the plus licensing will be consumed. 

I only use endpoint identity groups in my setups so none of my ISE installs post 2.3 consume plus licenses. 

Team we are also investigating this internally, make sure you get a case logged with the TAC and place them here.

If you have existing defects you are working with let me know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: