cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP of Endpoint Not Showing Up in Context Visibility

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I have an odd issue that I am seeing.  In my context visibility screen I am not seeing the IP address of a device show up:

Capture.JPG

I have verified with debugs on the switch and TCP dumps on the PSN that the Frame IP Address is being sent correctly both in the authentication and accounting packets.

If I look at the Live Log records the IP address is there, but it is in hex.  I have never seen that before.

Capture.JPG

We are running ISE 2.3 patch 2.  The customer is opening a TAC case but I thought I would throw it out to the community to see if anyone has seen this before.

4 Replies 4

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, recommend pursue with TAC as Context Viz apparently not syncing properly.

Craig,

I worked with Hsing back in 2.1 to get a bug put in on this issue, CSCvb28481.

The bug says it is fixed, but has never shown a fixed version and the problem still exists.

The most prevalent occurrence of the issue is when a device does MAB then Dot1x (think boot up or maybe coming out of hibernation). The Context Visibility will typically still show the MAB Catch All result even though the device is perfectly fine.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am following it up. If you have a TAC case on this, please unicast.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From my read of the case notes, it appears an issue with network access rather than that with context visibility.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: