cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

+1 being added on "Incoming Calling Party Unknown" leaf clusters impact to SIP URIs

Rich Tuttle
Level 4
Level 4

We currently have 2 Leaf North America Clusters and 1 International Leaf Cluster connected via SIP Trunks to a SME Cluster for inter-cluster call routing.. Also we have Expressway C + E connected via SIP trunk to SME that provides B2B Video calls for the 3 Leaf clusters.

The 2 Leaf North America Clusters have the following Service parameter Incoming Calling Party Unknown Inbound set to prefix +1. The benefit is for the 2 Leaf North America clusters with 10 digit DNs are in +E.164 so call back from Call History from the remote North American Leaf Cluster works.

The problem we face currently is its impacting inbound SIP calls to NA Leaf clusters from the International Leaf Cluster, Video endpoints from all Leaf Clusters, and B2B inbound calls all getting the +1. +1 on SIP URI (i.e. +1joe@sample.com) and +1 on numbers already in + E.164 (+1+15506583434@sample.com.)

It's not in the short term cards to do a  complete Dial-plan redesign, though it is a future goal. The 2 biggest impacts are to Video Endpoints and Call back to SIP URIs in the International cluster.

Removing prefix +1 from "Incoming Calling Party Unknown" seems like the direction to go, but what's the best way to tackle the needs of the two North American clusters to continue dialing each other's 10 digit ranges? Don't really want to add all 10 digit ranges to both clusters, as that's already not ideal.

The solution likely lies in transformation of the Incoming Calling Party Unknown of patterns matching [2-9][02-9]XXXXX to +1[2-9][02-9]XXXXX. What's the best way to achieve this? I would need this in the Call History in the +1 format for call routing.

Thanks for any advice!

1 Reply 1

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are on the right track.  I think you need to remove the Service Parameter and do all the digit manipulation in transformation patterns.  Transform calling party match on [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and append +1 as required to account for the NANP.  That should alleviate the issue where it is putting the +1 on the numbers that don't need it.  We also have a generic pattern for international numbers as well that appends just a +.

[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX Incoming National PSTN ANI to +E.164

XXXXXXXXXX!   Incoming International PSTN ANI to +E.164

Thanks

Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: