cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blind and Attended Transfer - does it work for UCCX 11.6?

vbashin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello the Finesse Gurus,

When testing the Blind and Attended Transfers with the online Cisco UCCX 11.6 sandbox  lab I’m getting a pretty strange results:

1. Blind Transfer – works Ok both with three Cisco Finesse Virtual Agent desktops (10.10.20.12,  10.10.20.13, and 10.10.20.14) and with our own Virtual Agent application that sends the TRANSFER_SST from the transferor @10.10.20.13  to the transfer target @10.10.20.14.
  2. A different story with the Attended Transfer (the Transferor places the CONSULT_CALL to the Transfer Target  and then completes the transfer with the TRANSFER – worked only once with three  Cisco Finesse Virtual Agent desktops.

With our own Virtual Agent application that sends the CONSULT_CALLT and then trying to proceed with the TRANSFER,  it never works, frequently crashing the transfer target10.10.20.14  VM.

VM crashes right after we attempt to execute the CONSULT_CALL so the VM needs to be restarted

Could you please confirm :

1. Both transfers are supposed to work with UCCX 11.6 ?
  2. Both transfers are supposed to work with online Cisco UCCX 11.6 sandbox ?
  • If yes, would it work with the Cisco Virtual Agent Desktops ?
  • Is that supposed to work with the customer own  Virtual Agent application?
  1. Will Consult Call work with the UCCX 11.6?

The manual is not clear – see highlighted – it talks about a blind transfer (that works with UCCX 11.6 !) in the context of the Make a Consult Call :

Cisco Finesse Web Services Developer Guide  v.1051  , page 66

DialogMake a Consult Call Request

This API allows an agent to make a consult call request. After the request succeeds, the agent can complete

the call as a conference or transfer. The requested Action for a consult call is CONSULT_CALL. The request

is sent to the Dialog URL of an existing active call, from where the call is initiated.

Finesse supports the transfer or conference of any held call to the current active call, as long as the agent

performing the transfer or conference is a participant in both the held and active call. Finesse does not support

blind conference through the API or the desktop.

Blind conference is defined as follows:

An agent has an active call and initiates a consult call to a destination. The agent starts a conference while the

call is ringing at the destination.

Finesse does allow single-step transfer in Unified CCE deployments only. Finesse does not support single-step

transfer in Unified CCX deployments.

Thanks

VB

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vladimir,

That is an interesting find with the 11.6 sandbox. I will need to dig into it and figure out what/where the issue is. I did verify that what you have found is true, where the attended transfer only works once. Give me some time on this one.

As for your questions,

Q: Both transfers are supposed to work with UCCX 11.6 ?

A: Yes, both types of transfers are supposed to work with UCCX 11.6.

Q: Both transfers are supposed to work with online Cisco UCCX 11.6 sandbox ?

Q.1:If yes, would it work with the Cisco Virtual Agent Desktops ?

Q.2: Is that supposed to work with the customer own Virtual Agent application?

A: Yes to all, it is supposed to. I was able to reproduce it with the Cisco Virtual Agent Desktop and will look into it.

Q: Will Consult Call work with the UCCX 11.6?

Yes. Consult call works with UCCX 11.6. It looks to be a doc bug. Support for single step transfer with ccx was added after the cce supported it and looks like the line in the doc wasn't removed.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise ,

Looking forward for your further analysis

Best regards,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Turns out that it was a bug in Jabber. The sandbox has an 10.5 (I think) version of Jabber and I found a few bugs related to Jabber on Windows with Finesse. After upgrading the Jabber to 12.0, the issue is resolved.

I will need to work on upgrading the Jabber's on the master sandbox image, but I won't be able to get to it immediately.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise, please let me know when the master sandbox image gets upgraded.

1) Meanwhile, is that possible to download the working Jabber 12.0 to the Cisco sandbox VMs (10.10.20.1x ) ? – I mean doing that after booking a UCCX 11.6 lab, and connecting to it via VPN

2) Also, is there any way of deploying multiple instances of Jabber on the same system (assuming it is VPN-connected to the lab)?

Regards,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

#1) Yes you can, assuming you have access to download it. I downloaded the Jabber 12.0 from software.cisco.com (search for Jabber) from each VM. Of course your upgrade of the Jabber won't persist after your reservation ends.

#2) Unfortunately not. That is why there are 3 VMs on the sandbox.

Thanx,

Denise