Views
Helpful
Replies

Way to get the Client IP Address from Finesse

mahramak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am running a Finesse gadget which needs to send a request to the localhost (client PC). Unfortunately, since the request is made by the gadget hosted on the Finesse server, the localhost is the Finesse server itself. I would like to know if there's a way to get the Client PC IP address. This IP address can then be added to the URL and thereby sends it to the client PC.

I have looked into the Finesse Javascript Library and couldn't find anything. But, I can see from the ClientLogs in Finesse that it gets the Client IP and even the browser version at the start of the log. Let me know if there's a way to get hold of this variable so that I can re-use it.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

How are you making the request from the gadget? There were a few developers who were able to talk to the Client PC via localhost. If I recall correctly, they used AJAX The XMLHttpRequest Object and used localhost as part of their URL. If you make REST API requests from the gadget itself, it should be happening via the browser. If you are using the workflows to make the request, it happens via the Finesse server.

I don't see that the client IP is exposed via the Finesse JavaScript (or even REST) APIs.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the WorkflowScreenPop gadget and it did the magic of what I wanted to achieve. The gadget has an iframe and it has specs to it. I have tried putting in values to adjust the width and height but it doesn't seem to affect. Is there any way that I can hide or resize the iframe?

The thing that I would want to achieve is to just display the title bar and nothing else. Thanks.

Hi,

Make sure that you are using the &nocache option when you are refreshing your gadget to make sure that your code changes are actually being reflected. Changing the height of the iframe should change the height of the gadget.

As far as achieving just a titlebar, I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but the silentmonitoredSampleGadget looks similar to that: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/SilentMonitoredSampleGadget

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: