Helpful
Replies

Migration to CMS and webex video Mesh

Mujeeb Shaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Trust you are doing great,

We are currently considering to upgrade our conferencing infrastructure, at present we have multiple telepresence endpoints to which call control is provided by CUCM 11.5, bridge resources are provided by a vTPS controlled via a TP Conductor, the set up and the scheduling is handled using TMS along with TMSxE paired with exchange, expressway for MRA , interoperability, On prem to Off Prem communication

if we consider getting a CMS and Webex video mesh (hybrid media node) into our set up, my understanding/ assumption is bridging and DSP resources provided by vTPS will be replaced by CMS and the conductor will be replaced by Webex video Mesh, the TMS along with TMSxE will continue its functionality, integrating with the new systems., (Or can It be replaced by the new CMM)

Let me know, Kindly correct my understanding here if not right, is there any platform or resource on which information on all the pieces have been brought together.

How do I report a bug if encountered in any of the systems part of the set up, CUCM was behaving strange the other night with DRS locking up the services disallowing firmware uploads and installs through FTP.

Lot of questions, Please bear and guide me

Looking forward

Best Regards,

Mujeeb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First your bug question is something you need to handle with TAC or go to supportforums.cisco,com and post logs and more detail

On your other point a few key points

1) Today your design uses older tech in terms of TS/Conductor which is all EOL. The first decision is to be made is whether these meetings will be on prem/cloud or both

2) CMS is the replacement of TP server and conductor to begin with and is an on premise bridging solution. So it can support the same and in some cases more functionality than TP  with CUCM

3) Video Mesh has nothing to do with CMS or conductor. Video mesh implies you use Webex in the cloud for bridging and use the Mesh node on premise to be controlled by the cloud for on premise endpoints to mix their traffic so that they don't send all the streams to the cloud and increase Internet BW utilization

4) You can use TMS/TMS-XE with either platform but think of end users if you have both CMS and Video mesh with Webex. How will end users schedule their meetings, where will the meeting be hosted and will the end user experience be different which it will

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First your bug question is something you need to handle with TAC or go to supportforums.cisco,com and post logs and more detail

On your other point a few key points

1) Today your design uses older tech in terms of TS/Conductor which is all EOL. The first decision is to be made is whether these meetings will be on prem/cloud or both

2) CMS is the replacement of TP server and conductor to begin with and is an on premise bridging solution. So it can support the same and in some cases more functionality than TP  with CUCM

3) Video Mesh has nothing to do with CMS or conductor. Video mesh implies you use Webex in the cloud for bridging and use the Mesh node on premise to be controlled by the cloud for on premise endpoints to mix their traffic so that they don't send all the streams to the cloud and increase Internet BW utilization

4) You can use TMS/TMS-XE with either platform but think of end users if you have both CMS and Video mesh with Webex. How will end users schedule their meetings, where will the meeting be hosted and will the end user experience be different which it will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: