cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BUG API 2.0 Retrieve All Matching Bugs With Single API POST vs Page Index's

mattschwen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a report which uses product name + code version to obtain a list of Cisco BUGs using the BUG API 2.0. I have wrote custom code to identify the last page index and do a call for each page index while appending to a dictionary. This is very annoying and I wish to access all matching bugs in a single POST. Is this possible?

4 Replies 4

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At this time, there is no way to get more than 10 bugs per request. The way the API is structured, we would not remove pagination for a number of reasons. We could potentially provide a means to allow the developer to request more/less bugs per page, e.g. pagesize=100, but that would need to be limited to a max size and would not eliminate the need for the application to handle paging.

Regards,
Keitih

Thanks for the reply, as of now if I want to collect all bug ID's for a specific device platform / code and it returns over 100 bugs, I can capture the last index, and loop the API call for each page index. The only problem is you throttle the amount of API calls per second. Due to this I initiated a time-wait for 1s in-between each API call. However, I still get random errors reporting "unauthorized"... This does not happen every time, just randomly.

Hi Matthew,

If you could capture the request and response headers when this error pops up, we could troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Keith

Hi Keitih,

I have a similar problem. I try to get all the Bug-IDs for about 300 devices. At the moment I am able to break this down to about 70 PIDs with about 90 software versions. So i need a lot more then 1000 calls per day (the actual limit) if I can only get 10 Bug-IDs per call.

What I need is, get more Bug-IDs per call and have much more calls per day.

Thanks

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: