Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Sandbox - Need to enable directory services and phone services

Marshall2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are setting up a test environment for an iPad and iPod. I'm using the Jabber Bot sandbox as I feel that's the most set up environment for what we want to do. Sorry, I'm fairly new with all of this.

Once it's up and running I'm having trouble getting directory services and phone services running on the devices. I got it working last week, but for the life of me I can't get it working on my sandbox this week.

Does anyone know some steps that I would need to do to get this working for iOS devices on the Jabber Bot Sandbox?

So far this is what I'm doing:

-Set up Directory as a UC Service

-Set up CTI as a UC Service for PUB and SUB

-Configured the Service profile

-Use User16-User19 to test (iphone devices linked to them)

I am able to log into IM and Presence, but not able to search the directory or get phone services working. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marshall,

Checked with the team. You need Cisco AnyConnect for iOS to have your iPhone connected with sandbox lab.

The credentials to use are:

Network: 128.107.93.228:20122

Username: marshallsy

Password: 5CHHETCG

After your devices connected, please login your Jabber with cred: user17/cisco1234

Please does not use "Auto" settings and choose "Cisco IM and Presence" w/ address 10.10.20.17

The bot's address is: demobot01@abc.inc and it is online already. You can chat with it or setup your own using instruction https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/sandbox-instructions/Jabber_Bot/helloworld.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Smita

Thanks for that info. I got the sandbox to the point where I can IM chat and directory search etc. I also can log into the app with Auto settings as well as IM&P.

The only thing I need to get working now is Phone Services. I get the message "Cannot connect to Unified Communications manager". Under that error I see the greyed out config that has my username, password, then 10.10.20.1 in both server slots. What do I need to do to get Phone Services working?

Since I did not get a response I wasted a bunch more time, but I was able to resolve my own question. All that I needed was to change configurations on the device and the user. Not sure exactly what setting did it. I will attach screenshots of it all.

Also went through Appliction --> Cisco Unified CM Assistant Configuration Wizard with all defaults, adding in all partitions, and defaults for drop downs. Not sure if that did it though.Phone config.PNGUser Config1.PNGUser Config2.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: