Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to change ERROR status?

JPvisltgb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to provision router on link 1 mbps.

Apic-em deployed config on router correctly but last step when pnp need to save running config it is stuck till timeout.

I configured maximum (30 min) timeout. And now I see and Error in provisioning

Does Apic-em has possibility to change this status ?

I understand that I can restart provisioning, but I will get same error.

Anyway Apic-em did its job, it provisioned router.

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you sure that PnP did a wr mem to save the configuration?

If you get an error like this, there are a couple of possible reasons:

- the device can no longer connect back to APIC-EM after the configuration has been deployed.  There is a final message that APIC-EM needs to verify the device is ok.

- you are using 'aaa command authorisation' and the default PnP user is not authorised to "wr mem" etc

If there is an error, it means the process did not complete correctly.

Apic-em is able to connect to router. I connected from apic-em shell using its service account.

But Apic-em didn't save config.

Can it be so that 1 mbps link is not enough for provisioning ?

1m link should be fine.

Remember, the connection needs to come FROM the router, back to APIC-EM.  So you should test the return.  Are you using VRF?

I think it might be a connectivity issue.

The other thing to do is  turn  on pnp debugs on the router to see where it was failing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community