cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint not hitting right profile

gjw_csco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm running through a POV with a customer. They've built two profiler conditions specifying:

- AD-Host-Exists

- AD-Join-Point

(both of these are using the ACTIVEDIRECTORY_PROBE type)

These are used in a custom profiler policy where the minimum certainty factor is say 1000. Each condition increase the factor by 500.

This profiler policy is then specified in a logical profile and then used in a AuthZ profile similar to this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 9.58.50 AM.png

The customer endpoint is not being profiled properly - first it was coming up as a Nortel device. I went in and disabled that profiling policy, and now it's being profiled as a Microsoft-Workstation. We need it to be profiled as "Corporate Devices - Profiled"

I confirmed that the two attributes for the profiler conditions are listed under our test endpoint in Context Visibility > Endpoints.

Any ideas why this is happening and how we can get these endpoints profiled correctly?

Appreciate the help.

3 Replies 3

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

show copy of attributes and profile policy along with details on constituent conditions used in the policy rules.

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

also you might want to try running a debug on prrt-server.log and profiler.log to get a better understanding of whats going on.

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide input

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: