Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls from office Spark to me no longer ring since upgrade to Webex Teams

gary.roussak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work remotely from home and get called for a meeting from the Cisco Spark system in our office.

My client was recently upgraded automatically from Cisco Spark to Webex Teams. Since that point, calls to me from the Cisco Spark system no longer ring out at my laptop even though I haven't changed any audio settings in Windows.

Is this an issue seen by others ? I know how to access settings in my Webex Teams client, but don't know if anything needs changing, and there doesn't seem to be a way to test the ringer without disturbing someone in the office and getting them to test-call me.

Suggestions ?

3 Replies 3

gary.roussak
Level 1
Level 1

I'm surprised and a little concerned that no-one else has experienced this....

Cisco Support remoted into my laptop on 25th June, checked my audio settings (which were fine), and finally admitted that there must be an issue with their application which has arisen out of the update from Cisco Spark to Webex Teams. They've escalated at their end.

Finally, I've noticed that, when the office does ring me, and I happen to be looking at my screen, the Webex Teams interval timer (the green box) pops up on my screen as usual but with an interval that always starts with 05:30 -- as if my office have been waiting five and a half minutes for me to answer the call (but they've only been waiting less than a minute). So there seems to be an issue there as well.

vinod.seraphin
Level 1
Level 1

My team has also noticed the same issues with the ringing no longer working.  We also haven't been able to figure out any preference setting to get this to work again.  We are all using MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) if that makes a difference.  If someone figures out a way to get this working again, please share the solution.

gary.roussak
Level 1
Level 1

My Webex Teams ringer is now working again. However, that was only following another remote dial-in to my Windows 10 laptop by a Cisco engineer.

I cannot totally recall what we did, but I think it is safe to say that it needed a combination of:

- Windows 10 update to the latest (which I realise is irrelevant in your case, Vinod

- Update of Webex Teams to 3.0.8780.0 (that's the version reported on Windows)

- Reconfiguration of all Webex Teams audio preferences in "Options" / "Settings" / "Audio"  - make absolutely sure these are still relevant, as I think we saw a change of audio drivers after the Windows update. Check the setting for Ringer, test that it plays your chosen audio file, and apply/save.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: