cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - what is spog and why is it in DEBUG by default?

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

What is spog (google search reveals Single Pane of Glass - but what does that mean)?

Debug Log Configuration

Why is this logging at DEBUG level as a default?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I will file an enhancement request via the ISE GUI Feedback page, about the Alarm notification thing.

The reset to default is very handy - but spog is always set to DEBUG regardless.

thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

I assume you only see this in ISE 2.4.  These debugs should have been pulled from ISE 2.4.  They are not relevant in current ISE product.

Craig

Hi Craig

I saw them in ISE 2.3 too.  But we upgraded to 2.4 patch 1 last week and it's still there.

I checked on a PAN and a random PSN and the file size is 0 bytes.  So it's not causing harm.

I had an idea that it would be a nice feature to have an Alarm category for displaying a Warning on the PAN Dashboard if any of the nodes had a logging level set to DEBUG.  Just a friendly reminder that debugging is running on a node somewhere and to keep an eye on it.

It's human nature to forget to disable that debug after a busy TAC debugging session

cheers

Arne

Sad to say that I've been guilty of leaving some debugs on, good idea.

Enhancement request can be filed.  We did add option to "Reset to default" at the top of debug logging to simplify the removal of any configured debug logging.

I will file an enhancement request via the ISE GUI Feedback page, about the Alarm notification thing.

The reset to default is very handy - but spog is always set to DEBUG regardless.

thanks

While our teams are still discussing this item, this would not and should not be taking file system space, as the log file (spog.log) is zero in length. Please let us know if you find it otherwise.

myISE-24/admin# show logg app | inc spog

0 Apr 15 2018 01:27:51  spog.log

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: