cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark Questions

Gerson Acevedo
Level 1
Level 1

I am reading everything related to this product but still I have some unanswered questions.

With Cisco Spark I still need the CUCM or the Telepresence server to make it work?

Is this product a full video conference solution? I mean I could buy one these kits and install it in a conference room.

How the licences works? I need to buy per device  or per user?

is everything in the cloud? I just need an internet connection and add my device to the cloud? Or i need another physical device in my network?

Let me know

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So first thing the official name is Webex and within that you have calling/Teams/Meetings.

Webex Teams is a messaging platform but can also provide calling/video services as needed.

If you register the video endpoints to the cloud then Teams can provide SIP URI/B2B calling. For registering to cloud you need to buy subscription for the endpoint

CUCM is not needed if you register to the cloud but it depends on what your end goal is also here.

These do register over the Internet

I would also start studying many of the guides here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone-collaboration/index.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So first thing the official name is Webex and within that you have calling/Teams/Meetings.

Webex Teams is a messaging platform but can also provide calling/video services as needed.

If you register the video endpoints to the cloud then Teams can provide SIP URI/B2B calling. For registering to cloud you need to buy subscription for the endpoint

CUCM is not needed if you register to the cloud but it depends on what your end goal is also here.

These do register over the Internet

I would also start studying many of the guides here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone-collaboration/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: