cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO WLC 5520 Users Filtered by SSID Error

rpinovejas
Level 1
Level 1

We've been trying to filter the connect clients by SSID and we weren't able to see which users are connected to the said SSID

We tried filtering by MAC address and we were able to see the user connected to the said SSID.

Capture.PNG

We noticed that when we filter users from other SSIDs, it worked fine but when we filter the users by SSIDs with the words Dean's Office in them, the same error would occur.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

May we know what workaround would fix this?

2 Replies 2

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

Having an apostrophe is unusual - I wouldn't be surprised if there's something the WLC's GUI that can't handle that.  If you make another SSID called "test", does that filter ok?  And if you delete "test" and make another one called "test's", presumably that will break it?  If so, raise a TAC case or re-name the SSID / Profile to only use letters and numbers.

Hi, as others have said putting an apostrophe is not normal and I wouldn't recommend it.

Saying that, I just labbed this for you on a 5508 using SSID testing's and this does indeed break the filter.

The apostrophe definitely causes the problem, if you look below at the configured SSID, look at what the filter actually resorts to (It inserts a "7" into filter text after you acknowledge the no clients found message):

1.PNG

After:

2.PNG

I would get rid of the apostrophe personally, I am surprised you haven't had client issues with it.

Code version I tested was 8.3.122

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card