Views
Helpful
Replies

Question re participants on inbound calls

JHeffernannz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've been developing and testing a gadget in a lab environment, finesse v 11.5.1.  When in that environment I get all the relevant (I thought) participant information in published events (XMPP) which I can confirm in the webservices logging on the finesse server, i.e. I see the calling participant and the called participant (my agent) in the participants.Participant array.

When I put the same gadget up into the customer's UAT environment I ONLY see my participant in the inbound dialog update events, I do not see the calling participant at all.  The UAT Finesse is at 11.6, PG at 10.5.3.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Denise,

thanks for getting back to me on this.  I'm afraid to say that this is one of those disconcerting issues which seemed to correct itself!  I was getting some comparative logs together from the two environments and I noticed firstly that in the UAT environment the fromAddress was showing in the CTIxxxx messaging (webservices logs) whereas the day before it was not.  And then checking the subsequent XMPP events all the participants were there.

Most odd but no time to delve further at this stage.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

From a gadget perspective, Finesse 11.5 gadgets are compatible with 11.6, so that isn't the issue. Since you had mentioned the webservices logs in your lab environment, I assume you checked the webservices logs of the customer's UAT environment and verified that Finesse itself is not publishing the calling participant information. Finesse gets the calling participants' information from CCE. I would assume that it is CCE that is not sending that information. You can verify this with the webservices logs and seeing what is in the values of the CTI messages.

Another thing to look at is using the out of the box desktop, does Finesse's call control gadget show the calling information?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

thanks for getting back to me on this.  I'm afraid to say that this is one of those disconcerting issues which seemed to correct itself!  I was getting some comparative logs together from the two environments and I noticed firstly that in the UAT environment the fromAddress was showing in the CTIxxxx messaging (webservices logs) whereas the day before it was not.  And then checking the subsequent XMPP events all the participants were there.

Most odd but no time to delve further at this stage.

Thanks again

Hi,

I hate it when things just correct itself! Well I guess I'm glad it works now?

Thanx,

Denise

jitumani.das
Level 5
Level 5

Not likely!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: