Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget on Windows 7 64bit gets 401 error

WFCSupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have created a Recording control gadget which interfaces to a third party recording platform.

We have no issues running this in our lab on Windows 10 clients running Finesse against UCCX 11.6(1).

When we try it on the customers system, we get a 401 error stating that the http request requires authentication.

GET ... org:8445/gadgets/makeRequest?refresh=3600&url=http....

It returns the Custom Cisco Error page with:

This request requires HTTP authentication.

This errror appears to be mis-leading.

The Finesse client is authenticated and able to perform all other actions, and the third party api call is http, and requires no authentication.

We have proven that the api call works as expected from the same client using Postman.

The exact same gadget code works fine when run in a Finesse session running on Windows 10.

We have reproduced the issue in a lab using the following:

UCCX 11.6(1)

Client PC running Windows 7 64bit.

The UCCX Compatability matrix lists Windows 7 64bit native as a supported platform for Finesse.

Any assistance with understanding why this is failing, and how we may be able to get it to work would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Bicknell

13 Replies 13

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

Interesting. Just to make sure I have the details correct. In the same lab environment (UCCX 11.6), the gadget works fine using Windows 10 but does not work using windows 7 64 bit.

When you get the 401, is it when the gadget is calling the 3rd party API? Are there any clues in the browser's developer tools' console output?

I am going to have to dig into this and get back to you. I don't have a windows 7 machine, so it might be hard for me to reproduce.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise, I was hoping you would answer  this. In any case, we went through quite a few things to get to this point. We started with an UCCX 11.6 gadget that we verified in our lab. We tested against a dummy web service to interface with instead of the Verba Call Recording server the customer uses. We were told no auth required so we built the gadget without auth. We deployed the working gadget at the customer site and immediately got a 401 error. This was obviously confusing. There is nothing in play with this gadget that would create what we would consider a legitimate auth error. The makeRequest ends the api url and that is when the 401 is returnrd. If there are javascript library dependencies that may have changed between Windows 7 and 10, it is not clear to us what they are. The gadget has no explicit includes, imports or requires…..  We used Poster to confirm that the API calls to Verba worked without auth. We then proceeded to determine that we could reproduce the failure in our lab by using a browser running on a Windows 7 x64 client machine. The customer is using Windows 7 32 bit. All tests on Windows 10 clients are OK. So it seems that there must be something additional to add or remove to get this to work on Windows 7 clients. Or the Comp Matrix may need to be revisited. If you would like to webex in an environment where this can be reproduced let us know. We can easily demonstrate the environments which work and fail. FYI, This thread will be going to the Workflow Concept Support mailer. The primary DEV on this project is Paulo Silva. Many thanks for any insight you can provide. Dave

Just tyo clarify a typo in the previous post: The makeRequest includes the api url and the 401 is returned in response to the gadgets makeRequest.

Hi,

Thank you for that explanation. I checked with the Finesse team and they haven't heard this issue so it is definitely not a known issue. I am still trying to get a hold of a windows 7 client to see if I can reproduce it.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise, This issue is holding up a project. If it would help expedite, we can provide you with a webex to show you the issue. Let us know if that is possible. Thanks, Dave

Hi,

Can you provide me your gadget files? I want to make sure I am reproducing this correctly.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Everybody,

I have a customer on 11.6 UCCE with the same problem using Windows 7.  This gadget was previously working correctly in Finesse 9.1.  I don't yet know if the gadget works in Windows 10, I am going to test for that. 

Any idea what the problem is?

I have attached my gadget code for your analysis.

Thanks,

Patrick Curley

We had a user test this with Windows 10 and it had the same error.

jMajzner
Level 1
Level 1

I recently ran into this as well and came across this thread. However my symptoms were on Windows 10, so I do not believe the OS is relevant to this. 

However what I found was that using an older Finesse Javascript library (10.5.1) resolved this issue for me and my Post/Get messages resolved without issue. 

I replicated the issue with 12.0 finesse javascript library installed. 

Interesting. I sent this information to the Finesse team to investigate.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks! let me know if you need anything to replicate. 

Hi,

From what I can make out, either shindig authentication is failing or gadget whitelisting(if feature is there in the build) is enabled and origin gadget trying to access is not whitelisted. Can we schedule a webex to debug this is your setup.

Thanks and Regards,
Sahil Narwal

For what it's worth, I am also running into this problem.

UCCX 11.6(2)

QM 11.5(1)SR6

RecordingControlsGadget ships with Finesse 10.0 JS Library and returns 401

-- Using Finesse 11.6(2) JS Library off the UCCX server returns 401

-- Using Finesse 10.5 JS Library is successful

Let me know if you want to look at my setup.