Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse CTI Events

jasdanh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm going through the Finesse Developer doc and analyzing the CTI Events.

So what I'm gathering based on specific combinations of Dialog state and Participant state it will correspond to a specific CTI Event.   In the dialog response I do see the dialog state and Participant state but what about the CTI Event.  How is CTI Event used (ex. BEGIN_CALL_EVENT) which equates to Dialog State = INITIATING and PARTICIPANT (caller) state = INITIATING.

We are developing a java client which receives xmpp responses and acting upon the dialog received but no where I can see CTI Event name (ex. BEGIN_CALL_EVENT) or should we care about it. 

THanks,

Jason

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

I think you already got your answer, but I wanted to respond to this so that others can get the answer too.

Finesse is connected to UCC* via the CTI protocol and receive the CTI events. Finesse processes these events and publishes the dialog object via the notifications. So if you use Finesse, you will not see the CTI event names because Finesse normalizes everything. The documentation listing the mapping from CTI events to dialog/participant state is so that your application can determine when the call starts, answered, dropped, etc.

So, you don't care about the CTI event name itself, but your application probably cares about call actions (new call, answered, conference, etc) which you can determine based off of the values of the dialog object.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise.

I have another question below:

Trying to resolve a situation when analyzing a Notification that I'm

receiving right after sending the Retrieve command to Finesse.

And maybe you will have some better solution that I have right now:

The scenario:

1. Agent received the incoming call from Customer.

2. Finesse sending us a notification that call is Established

3. Agent sending HOLD command to Finesse.

4. Finesse sending us a HELD notification.

5. Agent sending RETRIEVE command to Finesse.

6. Finesse sending back an ACTIVE state for Agent and Client.

Question: How can I decide that this Call is in Retrieved state and not

Established? I was expecting to get the RED scenario below but getting

Green one.

You can see a table from Finesse document for Holding a call:

*Scenario CTI Event Event Method Dialog

State Participant State (Agent) Participant State

(Client)*

Hi Jason,

From the Finesse events itself, you will not be able to tell if it was a retrieve vs established. The only way would be that you keep track of the previous participant state and see that it went HELD->ACTIVE.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks we end up doing exactly that. Your feedback provides a confirmation.

Thanks again

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: