cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

.wrf to .wmv; poor audio...help!

swilber
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to convert .wrf to .wmv. I have been unable to produce a .wmv file with decent audio. The native .wrf file has acceptable audio, but when I convert it to .wmv, there's a distinct loss in audio intelligibility. video quality is fine.

Using:

Webex Recording Editor WBS31

Windows 10 LTSB, with default WMP12 installed

The Webex app internal help file says there is an option in the "WMV Options" menu for Audio Codec: Acelp.net. It says that will produce higher quality audio at higher file sizes. The only audio codec that is available is Windows Media 9.2. I tried installing "Acelp.net Codec 3.02" from codecs.com, but that codec does not appear in the WMV options menu.

During the webinar recording process, the app seems to encode the audio in skimpy 8kbps as the audio channel for .wrf. When I attempt to convert it using Webex Recording Editor, there is no choice to be made; it's grayed out, saying "8kbps, 8khz, mono CBR".

What is frustrating is that webinars recorded using the "server" option records to .arf format. That appears to encode audio at 16khz, as the resulting .mp4 file I convert to is 16khz. Much clearer audio.

How can improve the audio quality with an existing .wrf recording when converting to .wmv? Will the Acelp.net codec help, and if so how to I install it on a Win 10 64bit LTSB PC? Or can I convert directly from .wrf to .mp4, with control over the audio settings to improve it?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: