Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Binding ipv6 addresses to sfp port using conf.yaml file

Im using stateless mode of Trex. I'm able to generate ipv4 traffic in multi hop network.I created Conf.yaml file base on ipv4 addresses.As per my understanding ipv4 addresses bind to respected sfp ports according to Conf.yaml file.So source ip & destination ip in udp_1pkt_simple.py file are nothing but bind addresses. Now i want to create ipv6 traffic in stateless mode So can i create Conf.yaml which will bind ipv6 addresses to respected sfp port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Self Answered stateless ---

Hi Everyone ,

I created conf.yaml file with ipv4 addresses. When i start trex server it does arp and get destination mac addresses . whenever i start service mode in Trex , Trex actually binds its ipv4 mention addresses in conf.yaml to respected port. so you can actually ping to this addresses.For ipv6 traffic generation NDP entries are must kept in Duts. So you do not require to bind ipv6 addresses to respected port.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Self Answered stateless ---

Hi Everyone ,

I created conf.yaml file with ipv4 addresses. When i start trex server it does arp and get destination mac addresses . whenever i start service mode in Trex , Trex actually binds its ipv4 mention addresses in conf.yaml to respected port. so you can actually ping to this addresses.For ipv6 traffic generation NDP entries are must kept in Duts. So you do not require to bind ipv6 addresses to respected port.

Thanks

Nikhil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: