cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC server is not available on the network.

pasupuleti.rmr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Good Morning,

I am facing an issue with NAC Posture which is giving error " NAC server is not available on the network ".

When ever i posture check starts, immediately this error has occurring.

Once click on OK, it is rechecking the posture and giving full access.

Please suggest me why this issue coming and how can i get out of it.

Version Details:-

Version                   :     2.2.0.470

NAC Agent Ver       :    4.9.5.10

ADE OS Ver           :     3.0.2.218

1 Reply 1

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rama,

NAC agent discovery is failing. NAC agent discovers the server several ways based on the type of NAC appliance deployment method. It uses gateway, it uses last known good server, It uses Discovery host field. If you right click on the NAC agent icon in system tray you may see a field point to NAC server.

If you are using FQDN, DNS may be failing, or there is no connectivity between the endpoint and the Server. Please make sure you open the traffic for NAC server at the port level.

Please call up TAC if you have application support.

Fact of the matter is NAC agent is a EOL product. Last date of application support is July 31, 2018.

More than that, think about moving to ISE + Anyconnect that is the next gen posture solution.

Here is the EOL notice

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/nac/appliance/eol/NAC-Agent-4-x-EOL.html

Thanks
Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: