cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated Software Distribution API - Error LOGIN_REQD

amb1s1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the Automated Software Distribution API, but I'm having issues with it.

1. I get the auth token

2. get the pid, mdf_id, metada_id and image gui.

I do the following curl:

curl -X GET \ https://api.cisco.com/software/v3.0/downloads/pid/WS-C3750X-12S-S/mdf_id/283831707/metadata_trans_id/133643088/image_guids/CF6BD507336853BC90037B7408BED14DB9B98856 \ -H 'Authorization: Bearer {{TOKEN}}' \ -H 'Cache-Control: no-cache' \ -H 'Postman-Token: {{POSTMAN-TOKEN}}'

And I get the following error:

{ "download_info_list": [ { "download_url": null, "image_guid": "CF6BD507336853BC90037B7408BED14DB9B98856", "image_full_name": "c3750e-ipbasek9npe-tar.150-2.SE11.tar", "asd_download_url_exception": [ { "exception_code": "LOGIN_REQD", "exception_message": "To Download this software, you must Log In with your Cisco.com user ID." } ], "token": null, "cloud_url": null } ], "download_session_id": "63389224", "download_retry_id": "55455041", "asd_service_response_exception": null, "asd_download_acceptance_exception": [], "service_status": "success" } 

I would appreciate if I get some light on this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As discussed in our direct message exchange, the download method of ASD will not work with the client credentials grant type - you must use implicit, auth code, or resource owner.

Regards,

Keith

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As discussed in our direct message exchange, the download method of ASD will not work with the client credentials grant type - you must use implicit, auth code, or resource owner.

Regards,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: