cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending HDMI Output of Webex Room Kit Plus Quad Camera?

jsmulyan1
Level 1
Level 1

On the Webex Room Kit Plus data sheet, the Quad Camera is specified as a "5K UltraHD camera" with a 5120 x 2880 pixel resolution. Is the output actually 5K? If so, is there an option to scale it to lower 1080p or 4K? I have an application where I will need extend the Quad Camera output with an HDMI over CAT cable extender, and I need to verify that the Quad Camera output resolution is compatible with a 4K signal extender. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Ted S
Level 1
Level 1

From my understanding, the camera shoots in 5K but the output is really a cropped image at lower resolution for the speaker track feature.

We are using HDMI extenders for the output to the TV but have experienced failure of the extender requiring a reboot of the extender. if possible, I would recommend just doing a direct connection to avoid another point of failure (my two cents) also, another lesson learned for us is to make sure and verify your HDMI cables are 4K supported.

We also have the same issue extending HDMI from both the RK plus and the RK pro to our displays.  We are using Crestron HD-EXT3_C extender sets and have had continual but in consistent failure to pass video.  These extenders have been rock solid reliable in past systems with SX80's and SX20s but not with the new Room Kit series.  TAC is, of course, blaming the extenders.  Only solution we've found so far is to replace the HD-EXT3 with an older set of Cretron DM TX-201 and DM Scaler-C.  (We also tried Extron TX-RX set and it fails as well)  Try and stick with direct cables if you can.