cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find MAC address of Siemens OpenStage 15 HFA?

fmt_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have got a lot of Siemens OpenStage 15 HFA from a closed office.  These are supposed to be VoIP telephone sets.

I was trying to configure them to use with Cisco because I'm unable to find out MAC addresses of these things.

I had tried to look up any new IP address lease in our DHCP server but I see no new lease.

Anyone has any idea/trick to find out this info, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Of you can access the switch to wich the phones are connedted, the Mac-address should be in the Mac-address table.

fortvald

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Of you can access the switch to wich the phones are connedted, the Mac-address should be in the Mac-address table.

fortvald

OK, thanks.  That's a good idea :)

I tried this today and indeed, I was able to find the MAC address from the switch!  Great!

And I also found that the MAC address is actually labeled on the phone.  Guess why I didn't get it?  Because it is shown as Serial Number!

Come on!  Haven't they heard of the saying "Never reinvent the fire" or "Never reinvent the wheel"?  Why can't they simply call it MAC address instead of inventing "something new"?  I would never have imagined that a big company like Siemens would have done such nonsense!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: