Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE Administration Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hi there,

While accessing the PCCE Administration Web interface, getting Service Temporarily unavailable message. I have reserved the PCCE 12.5 lab. Kindly advise do I need to restart any service or it is under maintenance? 

Error snap also attached herewith.

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do a restart of the AW and that generally clears things up.

david

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Do a restart of the AW and that generally clears things up.

david

Hello David,

Thanks for the feedback, can you please share the steps/commands to restart it?

Regards,

Arslan

Can't you RDP to the AW and just restart it?

david

Lol... it was simple machine restart, sorry for my understanding mistake

Anyways, thank you, the issue was resolved after the restart.

What are next steps if rebooting AWS server is not resolving.  What logs are recommended Tomcat?

DavidT59
Level 1
Level 1

I have started having this problem as well and seeing the message "Temporarily Unavailable" for my 12.5.1 environment. After working Cisco support they indicated that port 8005 was being used by another process on my server. To fix the problem I was able to follow an online instruction for this issue with port 8005. It seems that sometimes a process or service will take over port 8005. The instructions have you use the windows built-in tool "Resource Monitor" to determine what app is using what port. With this Resource Monitor I was able to see that a WIN "System" process using "IPv6" was now using Port 8005. No matter how many times I rebooted the AWS server the port was always taken over by this other process.

1. In the instructions it explains that if this wIn "System" process is using port 8005 that you must shut down the service called "SMS Agent Host".
  2. After shutting down the service “SMS Agent Host” I restarted Apache Tomcat.
  3. Now my Apache Tomcat stays up and running and does not shut down anymore.
  4. I then re-tested access to CCEADMIN SPOG and now get successful results.
  5. CCEADMIN SPOG is now coming up and available for login.
  6. Finally I went back into my server and restarted the “SMS Agent Host” service.
  7. Now all services are back up and running as normal.
  8. Resource Monitor now shows Tomcat using port 8005 finally.
  9. This seems to have started after installing Microsoft November 2022 updates.

Hope this can help someone