cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

secondary tone on CUCM 7.1x

neillix702
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks, need some help in getting the secondary tone when dialing a number on Call Manager 7.1x.  What usually happen is when dialing a number from my IP phone for example 9498351516.  i get a secondary tone after the number 8.  the calls goes through fine but its just the secondary tone is throwing me off.  thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great. Please proceed to mark this question as Answered to help other community users.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

You are getting the secondary dialtone after the 8 due to a dial plan overlap. Check your route patterns and translation patterns that may have a predot DDI after 4 digits.

HTH

Adam

EDIT: I agree with Robert. The 'provide outside dialtone' is what you will want to look for, not the DDI. My mistake.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

CUCM when doing the digit analysis is finding a potential match for 949 that is an internal patter, or a route/translation pattern and is missing The provide outside dialtone check.

Look for other patterns that could match 949. The patterns may not be evident.

Try to export the route plan report in CSV so you can find the pattern easier.

yes you guys are right.  its the 'provide outside dialtone'.  its working now.  thanks

Great. Please proceed to mark this question as Answered to help other community users.