Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM on 2960S LANBASE?

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Howdy all.

I'm hoping someone can help answer whether EEM is supported on a 2960S switch with LANBASE (not LAN Lite). I'm running 12.2(55)SE9 UNIVERSAL, which, according to Feature Navigator, supports EEM 3.2.

When I try to configure event manager on the CLI, the command is unrecognized.

I have tried this under both the default and lanbase-routing SDMs.

Thanks,

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2960 only supports EEM-lite (to drive auto smart ports).  You will not be able to configure your own EEM policies.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2960 only supports EEM-lite (to drive auto smart ports).  You will not be able to configure your own EEM policies.

Good to know. Thanks Joe! I was hoping the EEM guru would chime in. :)

nmg-craft
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to configure EEM script on  WS-C2960-24TC-L running c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin.

Here is the error message. 

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#event manager
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#e?
eap enable end energywise
epm errdisable exception exit

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#e

Not getting option for any command like event manager. 

As already stated in this thread, EEM is not supported on the 2960 series.   Only EEM-Lite is supported, and this means you cannot configure your own policies.

Hi Joe, how does eem lite differ from eem and where can i get more info about eem lite.

EEM Lite drives Auto Smartports.  So there are internal hooks to react to CDP/LLDP neighbors, MAC address changes, and  dot1x changes.  There are no external/CLI facing interface for this other than the ASP commands.

Hi Joe,

I know the smart port feature. Can we by any means auto shut the ports if the alternate port is down.

Example:

if fa0/1 went down. Then fa0/2 shut be shut ( I have achieved this)

but if i bring up port fa0/1 then fa0/2 should also come up. (these is easily do able with eem , But not able to do it on 2960.)