Views
Helpful
Replies

interface management from FXOS

mortezasadeghi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I diable some sub-interface in FTD 2120 and deploy the config from FMC. unfortunately the communication between FMC and FTD going through that interface. how can enable sub-interface from fxos/expert mode or roll back the config to the last one?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

unfortunately, i don't know the answer, raise a TAC Case about how you can do without any Service interruption here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

As @balaji.bandi noted, TAC can assist. There is a method from the expert cli on the device to make changes to the LINA config (including interface changes) apart from having to push them from FMC. However this should only be done with TAC assistance to ensure that you don't make an already bad situation worse.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm never come across this situation,  In most cases, FTD and FMC will be connected and communicated using Management Interface.

Since you lost connection between FMC and FTD ( FTD command-level only has limited features).

what is the status of FTD, is this in production ? or do you lose Services - in this case contacting TAC is the best to fast resolutions.

If you like to do  i can only think of as of now,  - any interface that is active which can reach FMC, use that Interface to Join to FMC since FMC has known good configuration of the last revision to deploy for you.

BB

Hi balaji

thanks for replying

unfortunately FTD was in production and it works well, i just disable a sub-interface which it belongs to FMC and FTD communication.

unfortunately, i don't know the answer, raise a TAC Case about how you can do without any Service interruption here.

BB

As @balaji.bandi noted, TAC can assist. There is a method from the expert cli on the device to make changes to the LINA config (including interface changes) apart from having to push them from FMC. However this should only be done with TAC assistance to ensure that you don't make an already bad situation worse.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card