cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it OK that FPR 1010 doesn't communicate with license server?

GaeMi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I want to know it is OK that Firepower 1010 doesn't communicate with license server.

My Firepower 1010 is FTD. It is managed by FDM, only have Base license so I only need to maintain Firepower1010's deployment function.

I already registered Firepower 1010 to license server successfully.

However, the place where Firepower 1010 is installed does not guarantee Internet access, so Firepower 1010 can't renew their license status long time.

Therefore I'm worried Firepower 1010 would be blocked the deployment function.

I already have checked Cisco documents, but I'm still confused.

My conclusion after reading all Cisco document is Firepower 1010 would be changed to 'Expired Authority' after 90 days, but it could be deployed well. but Firepower 1010 would be unregistered and block deployment funtion after not commuicated with license server over 9 months~1 year.

Is it correct? Can you give me useful advice in my case?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will continue to work. Please see below.

FTD Smart license behavior.png

View solution in original post

The FTD does need access to tools.cisco.com or you will get error and warning messages in FMC regarding it.  The Base license is perpetual so it does not expire so if this is the only license you are using then license wise you should not have a problem.  

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will continue to work. Please see below.

FTD Smart license behavior.png

Thank you. I understand!

The FTD does need access to tools.cisco.com or you will get error and warning messages in FMC regarding it.  The Base license is perpetual so it does not expire so if this is the only license you are using then license wise you should not have a problem.  

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Thank you. I understand!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card