Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller has been down for exceeded time Cisco Prime

woodson-d
Level 1
Level 1

woodsond_0-1714654211448.png

Trying to find out what this means in cisco prime. 

This is a 5520 on 8.10.185.0 code. I have been having clients dropping and seeing this message in prime. 

WLC is up for 74 days 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need post information where do you see that information.

if the Prime can reach the WLC - that may be cosmetic.

do you have any other network connection issue ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I see light packet loss 2 percent on one of the circuits but these are 4 10 g links. 

I am not understanding why wireless clients are the only ones effected. If it was a cirucit issue both wired and wireless should be effected 

I see light packet loss 2 percent on one of the circuits but these are 4 10 g links. 

may be this red hearing i guess, 

but is the Layer2 spanning any convergency taking place ?

Take one of the AP connected switch, can you able to ping WLC no ping drops or any routing changing ?

AP joined WLC - only clients dropping - what kind of clients ? Laptop or Phones ( all of them ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Rather than concentrating on a Prime message which might mean nothing concentrate on troubleshooting the client issues methodically.

For a start do a client debug on affected client MAC address(es) and use Debug Analyzer (link below) to clean up the debugs.

Look for patterns on which clients are affected - type of OS, driver version, device type etc.

And consider updating to latest available code version - currently 8.10.190.0 (see TAC recommended link below)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card