cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK outbound call on 3rd party Mobile Android Application

hari M
Level 1
Level 1

We have a standalone 3rd party Mobile Android application used for other Business needs.We need to make a outbound VoIP call from that Mobile application using Jabber Web SDK. As per document, i found normal third party web application can make use of Jabber SDK to use their chat & calling features.

Could anyone please confirm whether its possible to make calling feature from 3rd party Mobile application code using Jabber through Jabber SDK ?
If yes, kindly provide any sample code to start with for this work

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber Web SDK supports desktop browsers only - mobile browsers are not supported, as there is an OS-native add-on that needs to be installed.

The Webex SDKs in general have subsumed most of the Jabber use-cases these days.  The good news is that the Webex Browser/JS SDK works on mobile browsers (without an add-on, via WebRTC) for voice/video meetings; however it does not support registration/calling with CUCM.

But...the Webex Android SDK does support CUCM registration/calling, so that would likely be your best bet: https://developer.webex.com/docs/sdks/android

View solution in original post

Jabber Guest Web SDK is PC only (not mobile), and also requires installation of an OS-native add-on, same as the Jabber Web SDK.
There is an Android Jabber Guest SDK, however it is near (at?) end-of-life, I believe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber Web SDK supports desktop browsers only - mobile browsers are not supported, as there is an OS-native add-on that needs to be installed.

The Webex SDKs in general have subsumed most of the Jabber use-cases these days.  The good news is that the Webex Browser/JS SDK works on mobile browsers (without an add-on, via WebRTC) for voice/video meetings; however it does not support registration/calling with CUCM.

But...the Webex Android SDK does support CUCM registration/calling, so that would likely be your best bet: https://developer.webex.com/docs/sdks/android

@dstaudt  Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Correct me if i am wrong. From your above note, Jabber Web SDK  not supported in Mobile based browser/apps. If thats the case, whether we have a option to use Jabber Guest SDK in mobile application to make use of jabber voice calling functionalities?[i.e customers using this 3rd party Mobile application need to initiate the new outbound call using these Jabber guest SDK ]

I am not sure whether we can able to utilize this Jabber Guest SDK functionalities along with Web SDK ?

Kindly share your clarification in it, as i am new to Jabber SDK world.Thanks.

Jabber Guest Web SDK is PC only (not mobile), and also requires installation of an OS-native add-on, same as the Jabber Web SDK.
There is an Android Jabber Guest SDK, however it is near (at?) end-of-life, I believe.