Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Database Proxy: -25582 Network connection is broken

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

While trying to connect with Unity Connection via Informix ODBC, I'm receiving the following error on some CUC systems:

SQLSTATE=HY000, SQLDriverConnect: -25582 [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Network connection is broken

Out of roughly 20 systems, I'm getting this error on 3.  I've checked that the Proxy service is running and that I have the Remote Administrator Role.  I've tried stopping/restarting the service as well.  I can also telnet to port 20532 on the CUC server from the server I'm attempting to connect with.  Google searches mostly point to DBA forums which aren't a huge help with this appliance model.  Has anyone run into this issue while trying to connect up to the DB proxy service?

Thanks

Marty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as a side note, you can also get that if the password is set to change at the next login - the lack of specifics in the error message is intentional (security team doesn't want us revealing anything along these lines) - can be a little confusing around the edges, though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

This ended up being an expired password issue.  When you're used to '401 Unauthorized', this response sounds much worse than it is!

as a side note, you can also get that if the password is set to change at the next login - the lack of specifics in the error message is intentional (security team doesn't want us revealing anything along these lines) - can be a little confusing around the edges, though.