cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login using JTAPI Test Tool (PROVIDER_OUT_OF_SERVICE_EVENT)

sushilb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to login using JTAPI Test Tool but getting below errors:

Case 1. During login if I pass parameter then I get

Oct 12 17:47:56.846 IST %JTAPI-PROTOCOL-7-UNK:(P1-hq-cucm-pub) received Event: com.cisco.cti.protocol.ProviderOutOfServiceEvent {

eventSequence                 = 2

PROVIDER_OUT_OF_SERVICE_EVENT = 200

}

Case 2. But if I did not pass any parameter then I get error message "Cannot Connect to Provider"

Oct 12 18:07:46.334 IST %JTAPI-MISC-7-UNK:Provider "(P1-jtapi1)" changing state to IN_SERVICE

I am not sure what wrong I am doing?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sushil testing just now, I had the same issue by just double-clicking the CiscoJTAPITest.jar. I had better success by launching the tool from the command line:

• Open a command line session
  • Change directory to the folder where the test tool was extracted
  • Run the tool via: java -jar CiscoJTAPITest.jar CiscoJTAPITest.jar

Note, at minimum you will want the 'Standard CTI...' permissions for 'CTI Enabled', 'Allow Control of Phones support Conference'/'Rollover'Note

Your second log above actually looks successful from the .log file - hoping forcing the 'working directory', i.e. via `cd` into the directory and launching from there via CLI, helps with the tool launch

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sushil testing just now, I had the same issue by just double-clicking the CiscoJTAPITest.jar. I had better success by launching the tool from the command line:

• Open a command line session
  • Change directory to the folder where the test tool was extracted
  • Run the tool via: java -jar CiscoJTAPITest.jar CiscoJTAPITest.jar

Note, at minimum you will want the 'Standard CTI...' permissions for 'CTI Enabled', 'Allow Control of Phones support Conference'/'Rollover'Note

Your second log above actually looks successful from the .log file - hoping forcing the 'working directory', i.e. via `cd` into the directory and launching from there via CLI, helps with the tool launch

Thanks dstaudt,

Your suggestion resolved my long pending issue.

Thanks again.