Views
Helpful
Replies

LISP Pub/Sub technology

aramadan2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gents,

kindly can someone explain to me Lisp Pub/Sub and what its benefits rather than Lisp/BGP

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is good video explains LISP PUB/SUB - this is only available recently with new released code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMGZSySbgw

Details document of PB/SUB can be find here :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/lisp-vxlan-fabric-solution-design-guide/ta-p/4934407

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

aramadan2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hello balaji,

thanks for your support.

the video is already i watched it but still need more clarification.

Also document didn't have any specific part for lisp pub/sub.

another question : if i will deploy new SDA-Site but only one site no multiple site.what the benefit of LISP Pub/Sub here?

if i will deploy new SDA-Site but only one site no multiple site.what the benefit of LISP Pub/Sub here?

technically yes, since changing SD-access config if not planned will need to from scratch again.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Pub/Sub is the focus area for LISP innovation moving forward, so immediately you'll receive: Dynamic Default Border, faster overlay traffic convergence, and the ability to configure Extranet Policy if required. In future as more features are added to LISP Pub/Sub you'll be able to access those features. LISP/BGP will need to be migrated to LISP Pub/Sub later, and eventually (long time frame) LISP/BGP will be retired. Regards, Jerome

aramadan2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jedolphi,

what is configuration required at fusion to deploy LISP PUB/SUB

Hi, Fusion device configuration remains 99% the same for either LISP/BGP or LISP Pub/Sub Fabric Sites. One maybe small difference for some customers: a Pub/Sub External Border Node must have a default route in RIB, and usually this default route is learned from the Fusion device. Regards, Jerome