cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6536 Fabric Interconnects and vPC network uplinks?

jn242
Level 1
Level 1

Is vPC supported on the 6536 FIs? It seems to work fine with 6248s but with IMM and new 6536 FIs i can only get the A side to come up. The B comes online for a few seconds and then fails.  The port channel is only configured on 1 port out of each FI for now and still no luck getting the B side to come up and stay up.  Are their any requirements in the FI that are needed for VPC. Right now i have the port channel set on the port but i dont have any link or lacp policies set  on it or anything. I cant seem to find any documentation on how to set this so both uplinks work via the port channel. 

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Kindly share your network connectivity diagram showing the ports and port channels between FI and upstream Switches. 

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @jn242 ,

VPCs have NEVER EVER worked with Fabric Interconnects. Because you have NEVER EVER been able to configure a peer-link between FIs.

However, it is a very common configuration to configure 2 x PCs - one on each FI that each connect to two separate VPCs  configured on the upstream switches.

RedNectar_1-1712183089225.png

One of the most common problems I find with FIs and VPCs is this lack of understanding, and see people try and configure the upstream switch with a single VPC - which of course will not work (Because you can't configure a peer-link between FIs.)

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.