cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Emergency Responder (CER) to handle 933 calls

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone come across a guide to configuring CER to handle calls to 933.  When doing post-deployment testing, I would love to be able to dial 933 at sites rather than bothering the PSAP.  I've seen suggestions about configuring sites with 933 instead of 911, testing, then changing everything to 911 but my goal would be to not go back and reconfigure all of the locations after testing.  So I'm curious if anyone has gotten it set up to work with both 911 and 933.  

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CER itself has no awareness of 933 but you can reconfigure CUCM to test it on the fly. Change the called number on the Route Pattern you create for the ERL/ELIN from 911 to 933. Just don’t forget to change it back when you’re done testing!

Another thought (and maybe I'm missing the point) is that the first level of call processing for 911 calls passing through CER is translation patterns. Would setting up translation patterns that would take both 911 and 933 and standardizing on a number that would pass through CER do what you are asking about?

I'm thinking about multinational deployments where different countries use different digits to dial emergency services, but they all go through a single instance of CER. Multiple translation patterns changing everything to something like 777, and then the ERLs change the digits back to the 'right ones' on egress.

And, if the digits currently coming out of CER are 911 and you want to change it to 933 you could set up a translation pattern that CER would hit when it egresses calls prior to it hitting the route patterns to your provider.

Maren