cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I really need a guide how to use jabber? ( really thankful for help)

sahilwadhawan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone guys ,

I looked into google and other platforms but i really couldnot find anything useful or understandable there.

I have no knowledge about jabber at all , so can anyone please help considering me a beginner and provide steps how can i communicate to other person using jabber? 

I would be really thankful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@sahilwadhawan wrote: 
I have no knowledge about jabber at all , so can anyone please help considering me a beginner and provide steps how can i communicate to other person using jabber? 

Jabber no longer the typical run-of-the-mill IM platform after Cisco bought them. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@sahilwadhawan wrote: 

Jabber no longer the typical run-of-the-mill IM platform after Cisco bought them. 

Jabber the client application Cisco still supports, not to be confused with the open source XMPP protocol or Jabber.org, requires server applications to function: CUCM-IM&P at minimum and Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access if you want the client to function outside the corporate firewall without VPN access. Candidly, this is a proverbial mountain to climb if you’ve never designed or deployed it before. Hundreds, probably thousands, of pages of documentation that took folks (myself included) years to master. As Leo mentioned, this is not where Cisco is steering customers anymore. It continues to exist - and will for some time - because of the massive install base as well as air-gapped environments that cannot use commercial SaaS solutions. If you truly want to start climbing that mountain, reply saying as much and I’ll pull together a few documentation links for you to start with.

Otherwise, if you’re just looking for a business-class modern chat/calling/screen share/meeting app go check out Webex. You can create a free account, download the app, and collaborate with other users on the platform.

sahilwadhawan
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry but i couldnot find the right board so clicked on random.

Anyways , can anyone please tell me from the beginning how to set up and use cisco jabber ? i created the cisco account but when i login it into jabber , it showed they couldnot locate servers automatically.

Yeah, this definitely isn't the right board, but I searched Communities, and it looks like most Jabber discussions are happening here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/bd-p/discussions-collaboration-apps. Hoping the folks on that board can help you.