cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber displaying incorrect pictures for the wrong user after upgrade to 11.7.0 Build 42920

0mn1p0tent
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 11.7.0 Build 42920 users are sending screen shots to report that the photograph in the interface is one of another user.  
This is not a older or cached photo the interface is transposing/displaying another users photo on the wrong user profile or chat window in the
interface.  

Resetting the client and logging back in appeared to have corrected the issue on one system.   I have not been able to test it on others yet. 

Has any one else experienced this?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And how are you getting the photos???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

They are stored in a folder on a web server on my network.  jabber-config.xml points the client to it for the files.

OK, then you'll want to get a PRT of a user who had/has the issue and review if it's actually Jabber requesting a different picture.

If they right click on a user, and click view profile, do they see the right info??

If you can post the screenshot of what they're actually seeing, it'd probably help.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I will try the right click on a system that hasn't been reset and let you know if the correct info appears.

Unfortunately, since no one knows what each user looks like I will just be sharing a screen shot of the interface with pictures next to each name.  No one will know which pic matches which user and which does not.

Thanks

Does the jpegPhoto ldap attribute on AD has photo stored in it? Is it possible that there is similarity in email address (same email for two person) between the two users with similar phone?

Doesn't appear to have anything to do with the name.  Russell's photo shows up as Farzad's avatar etc.  Those two are not even close. 

Closing Jabber and deleting the photo cache resolves the problem. This is much less invasive than an interface reset so it will be the solution my desktop support team uses to resolve.  Doesn't happen on all systems.  Just about 5% of my users so far.

Michael

0mn1p0tent
Level 1
Level 1

Confirmed that a reset resolves this issue, however it also wipes the conversation history so I will look for a more granular solution.

Jabber Conversation History Database

I know this is last year but I have found that.

**Disclaimer, this works for me, it may not work for you. This is as is. May not work for everyone but it might help point you in the right direction.

VDI environment and Full Desktops

This must be done before the Jabber client is reset or the cache is cleared and must be restored from backup if you have one.

**BEFORE working with a users cache

Exit Jabber, make sure it is not running in task manager.

*You may need to enable showing of hidden files on the Windows desktop to see this file location.

Navigate to C:\users\username\AppData\Local(some people may not use this path)\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History and find your database file [user@domain] right click on file and copy.

**Virtual Desktops use path instead of above path

I:/ ProfileUnity/AppData/Local(some people may not use this path)/Cisco/UnifiedCommunication/Jabber/CFS/History

Create C:\users\username\AppData\Local(some people may not use this path)\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Backup - right click and paste the copied file to this location.

Reset Jabber. (This deletes the cache and db files as well as the users photo pictures directories)

Login to Jabber using the user first.last@domain (some people may not use this path)and network password. Reset Jabber “YES”. Then first.last (this is our method) and network password.

Finish the Jabber start normally. (This recreates the deleted directories. The new base user db file will be about 10k)

Exit Jabber.

Navigate to C:\users\username\AppData\Local(some people may not use this path)\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Backup dir and copy the first.last@domain db file.

Navigate to C:\users\username\AppData\Local(some people may not use this path)\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History and delete the current *.db file. Right click paste the new database.

Start Jabber. Check previous conversations to make sure they can be seen.

Restore from and AVAMAR backup or whatever you have.

Exit Jabber, make sure it is not running in task manager.

*You may need to enable showing of hidden files on the Windows desktop to see this file location.

Restore file C:\users\username\AppData\Local(some people may not use this path)\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History database file [user@domain]. You may have to delete the existing file first. **Virtual Desktops use path instead of above path

I:/ ProfileUnity/AppData/Local/Cisco/UnifiedCommunication/Jabber/CFS/History

Start Jabber. Check previous conversations to make sure they can be seen