cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Productivity tools runs slow

buckykat37
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve recently installed Windows 10 on a new hard drive and I’m running into an issue with the Productivity Tools. I can launch the tools and the icon will appear in my task bar but the app’s interface doesn’t show up. Double clicking on the task bar icon will bring up the interface, but the spinning wait icon appears at the bottom of the interface and I can’t interact with it. After a few hours the app will finally log in but then it doesn’t want to respond very quickly. I can open the preferences and change a few things, but clicking the OK button doesn’t do anything immediately and If I wait the window will finally close. Even when I select to exit the app it takes a while before it finally exits.

I’ve gone through the process of uninstalling and re-installing the app as well as using the removal tool, but the problem won’t go away. The only minor success I’ve had is logging into another profile on my computer and then the app works as it should. I then wiped out my login profile, logged back in so a new profile was setup and the app worked correctly at first. However, by the next day the app was back to not working correctly again.

I also need to mention that my computer is part of a domain so I have to log into a specific profile. I installed the app on  another computer and was able to log into my profile and then the Productivity Tools without any issues, but I’m at a loss as to why this issue only exists on my main work computer and how I can resolve the problem.

3 Replies 3

Hi @buckykat37,

please take a look at the following link: Known Issues and Limitations for WebEx Productivity Tools.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

Thanks for the response, but I discovered that the problem was that whatever had been corrupted in my profile had been carried over into my new profile. After wiping out the profile a second time I was able to log in again without the elements being carried forward that were causing the issue.

Hi @buckykat37,

excellent news, thanks for sharing !!!

Best regards,

Marcelo Morais