Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload cmterm file via os admin from a PC detailed process

I have CUCM 14.0.x installed and trying to upload a firmware file for VTC endpoint via the os admin from a pc
Haven't done this before and want to make sure I upload correctly and info the proper directory on the TFTP server.

The other option is to upload via CLI and would like those steps as well ..

Various doc I am looking at are not very effecient.

Any assist is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is only 1 place, where to install "Cop" files^^ Maybe you should read the corresponding admin guides first, before "uploading" files anywhere into the system.

A "Cop" file needs to be installed. You cannot just upload it via TFTP file management.
CLI: utils system upgrade initiate
GUI: osadmin --> software upgrades --> Install / Upgrade

A "pkg" file is for upgrading the device directly via the Device-web page and therefore has nothing to do with CUCM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What's so "complicated" about it?
You cannot upload a file in the "wrong" way. Either the file is listed, after checking the directory you specified and therefore valid to install, or it is not listed (either because it's not applicable for your CUCM version, or no files are in the specified directory).

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video-infrastructure/how-do-i-upload-a-cop-file-to-cucm/td-p/2987154

For CLI:
"utils system upgrade initiate" and then follow through the "wizard"

I know it is not complicated ... I am in the OS admin and there are a couple places to perform the upload.
I weTFTP management and uploaded the file.  I see it there but when I login to the tftp server via CLI and perform file list tftp * I see all the various phone and telepresence files but from the OS GUI I perform a find and see only .wav files and the one pkg file I uploaded.   I assume they are in different directories but how to get the pkg file in the proper directory along with all the other 537 files.  I guess the package files load in a different directory from the tftp management feature in the GUI ?

----------- On a side note I am running CUCM version 14.x and what is happening is I am trying to upload a 2.6 gig roomos 11_9_3_1 file and it keeps failing so I tried the pkg file which is 200Meg and it was good.  Still working that issue out .. it doesn't like the 2.6 gig file for some reason.  The network is solid and no firewall involved.

There is only 1 place, where to install "Cop" files^^ Maybe you should read the corresponding admin guides first, before "uploading" files anywhere into the system.

A "Cop" file needs to be installed. You cannot just upload it via TFTP file management.
CLI: utils system upgrade initiate
GUI: osadmin --> software upgrades --> Install / Upgrade

A "pkg" file is for upgrading the device directly via the Device-web page and therefore has nothing to do with CUCM.

Appreciate the update and support .. thank you very much ...