Helpful
Replies

what is different between local time and system time in cisco CMS

tarek.shata
Level 1
Level 1

Good day experts!,

i have 2 questions about Cisco CMS

- what is the different between local time and system time in cisco CMS? as i see 2 time in cms one for system time and the other for local time

- also is it necessary to match between them ?

my CMS version is 3.5

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @tarek.shata,

System time refers to the time set on the underlying operating system of the CMS server. It's the server's clock, which may be set based on a NTP server to ensure accurate timekeeping. System time is typically used for various server-related tasks, including logs ...

On the other hand, local time refers to the time zone configuration for meetings and scheduling. It determines how the meeting start and end times are displayed to users when they schedule meetings or view meeting information. 

Matching them exactly is not necessary, but both should be accurate.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @tarek.shata,

System time refers to the time set on the underlying operating system of the CMS server. It's the server's clock, which may be set based on a NTP server to ensure accurate timekeeping. System time is typically used for various server-related tasks, including logs ...

On the other hand, local time refers to the time zone configuration for meetings and scheduling. It determines how the meeting start and end times are displayed to users when they schedule meetings or view meeting information. 

Matching them exactly is not necessary, but both should be accurate.

Best regards

tarek.shata
Level 1
Level 1

thanks a lot M02@rt37 for your help, really appreciated!

another question pls

ok, as per your replay it is not necessary to match between them, but anyway how can i match them? i can change system time manually or by NTP server, but how can i change local time ?

* i will not change it but just need to know

You're welcome @Tarek.shat,

more accurate to sync system time with NTP server.

Best regards

tarek.shata
Level 1
Level 1

i mean how to set local time in CMS ?

Sync with NTP server. It is recommended to use NTP server also.

Best regards

tarek.shata
Level 1
Level 1

thanks M02@rt37 for your reply

i use command ( date) for manual set time and ntp command for auto time configuration, when i do this only system time is set not local.

so how can i set local time ?