cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Studio 10.5 - Voice Element to accept either DTMF input or Voice input

vincent.zheng
Level 4
Level 4

I have flow that contains Digit Capture, MenuOption elements, if I using DTMF for all of the element input, which it is fine.

However,  we want those elements not only accept DTMF, it should also accept voice input. Currently the way I did is, I put extra menu to let user choose DTMF or Voice, if DTMF it goes to MenuOption element; if they selelcted "Voice", it will go to Record Element. But that is not the way we want.

Is it anyway that I can create the custom element to achieve what I want? I know for MenuOption element it have voice part, but our ICM cannot did voice recognition, that makes me find another way to achieve this.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

pk88
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Vincent,

To achieve this you need a third party Speech recognition engine (ASR). There are few 3rd party companies out there in market like Nuance. Once you have them installed, you can utilize them to recognize the voice and DTMF both. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prashanth

Now when I look at the java code and we want to understand where and how the code call Nuance to perform the speech recognition, any idea?