cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse custom gadget to write wrap code results to 3rd party

patriciabohn
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a custom gadget to send a REST API call to LCM to send the wrap up data for each outbound call.  I am using the External Rest API sample gadget as my base.  Does anyone know how to a) get the outbound account number for the call and reference it in a variable (I need to feed it as input) and b) how can I display that on the screen so I know it was successful?  Any thoughts/suggestions would be extremely helpful and much appreciated!  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Take a look at the UpdateCallVariableSampleGadget to see how to get the call variables from the dialog. Assuming that the outbound account number is stored in the BAAccountNumber outbound variable, you can get that information in the same fashion. You can use the browser's debugger with a breakpoint to see all of the variables in the list.

As far as displaying it on the screen, you can do something similar to how the external rest api same gadget displays the response, by just spitting it out to the screen as html. Another option is to the log it using the client logger, which you can see in the browser's debugger or in the client logs (after you submit them).

Thanx,

Denise