Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse- Marquee Messages

rmoulis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does anyone know of any scripting examples for Marquee Messaging in Finesse?

It used to be native in CAD and we are looking to do the same in Finesse. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

Robert - I've experimented and have working examples of what are called mini messages in the open social gadget framework. I believe these would be similar to marquee messages but since we're not a CAD shop I'm not certain.

Here's what a mini message can do. At the top of a gadget, based on some event or function you can display a message that is either timed (closes automatically after some time) or dismissible (agent can click x to dismiss) or that stay at the top of the gadget.

Here's the link to the google documentation regarding building these in a gadget container. Frankly I've found this google api discussion more helpful in developing gadgets than anything on Cisco's website.

https://developers.google.com/gadgets/docs/ui#minimessages

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for if not, help me understand what the marquee function provides in CAD.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adamcaggiano
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping to bump this up - I have the same requirement coming up in recent customer migrations to Finesse. Here's hoping someone can chime in with a recommendation?

Adam,

If you are still looking for a marquee solution, 2Ring has this as part of their Gadgets for Finesse. 2Ring - Contact Centers - GADGETS for Cisco Finesse

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

Robert - I've experimented and have working examples of what are called mini messages in the open social gadget framework. I believe these would be similar to marquee messages but since we're not a CAD shop I'm not certain.

Here's what a mini message can do. At the top of a gadget, based on some event or function you can display a message that is either timed (closes automatically after some time) or dismissible (agent can click x to dismiss) or that stay at the top of the gadget.

Here's the link to the google documentation regarding building these in a gadget container. Frankly I've found this google api discussion more helpful in developing gadgets than anything on Cisco's website.

https://developers.google.com/gadgets/docs/ui#minimessages

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for if not, help me understand what the marquee function provides in CAD.