cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse "An extension on the agent device is shared by more than one device. Please contact your administrator."

pablo.beraldi
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following scenario.

A ccx version 11 in production. Agents currently use a hardphone logging in first through Extension mobility. The client asks me to enable jabber for those agents. This is how they work from their homes.
Everything is correct, until I realized that I cannot log in with an agent.
Finesse gives me the following error:

"An extension on the agent device is shared by more than one device. Please contact your administrator"

Reading I see that they say that the Application user RMCM cannot have two devices at the same time.
If I remove the Extension mobility profile it works.

Is there any way that both scenarios can be enabled?

So an agent can go to work on the site with their hardphone or work from their cassas with jabber.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

If you review the UCCX 11 Admin guide you will see there is a note that states you cannot assign an Agent Line to more than one device.  This is a limitation of the system.  This is fixed in UCCX Release 12.5(1)su1, which you can assign the Agent Line to more than one device and the system will then ask the Agent to select at sign-in (on Finesse) with which device they are logging-in, when enabled from the System Parameters...  

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Thank you for you information.

Is it possible to have two devices created (1 EM and 1 Jabber) and then associate one or the other within the RMCM User?
Or so it doesn't work?

Thanks

hi, 

As longs as the EM user is not logged in to any phone devices, the CCX agent can use the Jabber or if the Jabber is not signed in anywhere, then the agent can use EM profile logged in phone. mean at any point of time only one CTI device should be active with the same extension. others may have different view, but this is tested in my estate. 

Regards