Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse styles CSS file finextcommonstyles.css

benkirton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

It seems there is a CSS file that contains the look and feel of Finesse which makes it easier to have gadgets look more native.

The catch is it is only available as of Finesse 12.6(2) which means it is not available on previous Finesse versions or CCX.

As the file is just CSS, can anyone with access to 12.6(2) please provide me a copy so I can look to use it to style some gadgets?

The details are here: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!matching-the-desktop-look-and-feel/matching-the-desktop-look-and-feel

The file appears to be located here: /desktop/scripts/css/finextcommonstyles.css

https://<finesse_FQDN>:8445/desktop/scripts/css/finextcommonstyles.css

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

benkirton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Thank you for the help.

After some discussions and investigate TAC + the BU determined the file is available from 12.6(2) ES02 and had to upgrade one of their systems to this version to get access to the files, which I now have.

Literally just got the files and haven't attempted to use them yet, so hopefully they work independent of the above version.

Again, thanks for checking your systems and the assist to get here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I don't at the moment, but you could likely go to Cisco Sandbox and/or Cisco dcloud to get it? Hope that helps.

I believe they are not yet on 12.6(2), and from what Gerry says below, it seems it doesn't exist there either.

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just checked my Finesse 12.6.2 ES1 server - and this doesn't exist on this server either. 

Getting a 404 for that URL.

Regards,

Gerry

Thanks for checking.

Not sure if the docs are premature or updated by accident or something.

TAC is declaring it "customisation" so I'm struggling to get very far in finding it. I did not expect it to be so hard to get access to a CSS file.

You could ask them to create a documentation defect for it, that may help you get traction. Either they'd need to point you on how to get the file you want/they say exists, or they'd have to go through the process of opening a defect to get the website/documentation update.

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ben, 

I would push back on TAC - that is not a good enough response. This is a Cisco doc and it is stating the file exists on the Cisco Finesse server. It is not customization at this point.
Ask them to escalate this to the BU and get clarification on if this file should exists or if this is a doc bug or if it a bug by not having the CSS available / in the documented location.

Gerry

benkirton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Thank you for the help.

After some discussions and investigate TAC + the BU determined the file is available from 12.6(2) ES02 and had to upgrade one of their systems to this version to get access to the files, which I now have.

Literally just got the files and haven't attempted to use them yet, so hopefully they work independent of the above version.

Again, thanks for checking your systems and the assist to get here.

After receiving the files and some investigations, it appears they only contain colours and some basic font settings and don't appear to include any of the rest of the CSS required for elements to look like the Finesse versions of those elements.

Ultimately they were not useful for anything else and so I requested an enhancement to make the Finesse CSS accessible and documented or maybe even more ideal, create a supported Bootstrap theme or similar allowing much better styling in the gadgets.