cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse XMPP OnDisconnect event

yogeshkumarlog
Level 1
Level 1

We have made Agent desktop based on Cisco Finesse - UCCE APIs. We are using 3rd party library to connect to Finesse - XMPP as the connection is through the backend - server

It is working fine for 90% of the time, but some times agent start receiving the xmppClient_OnDisconnect event by 3rd party library. We try to reconnect the agent with Finesse XMPP server but keep on getting the same error. During this time we don't receive any event for that agent from Finesse.

There is one scenario where we were able to replicate the issue:

1. We logged agent-A from one system (Our application Server-A)

2. We logged in same agent-A from other system simultaneously (Our application Server-B)

In this case we start receiving the onDisconnect event.

We however tried the same thing with finesse by logging in the same agent from two different PC. We did not faced this issue.

I have a doubt that while connecting to Finesse XMPP server we give resource ID something like "My_AgentID", where agent ID will change depending on the agent and My part is static. Can this cause the error?

2 Replies 2

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

There is a known issue when an agent has not disconnected from one call, then starts another, the agents ID is in the system twice. And, one will be disconnected. This might be your scenario.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Finesse does not support multiple XMPP connections per agent. We encounter issues where multiple connections cause the XMPP event feed to be disrupted.