Views
Helpful
Replies

FinessecontainerServices.showDialog-Unable to pull selected value

SakethN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Raising this conversation since we're facing an issue. In the current v12.6 Finesse environment, in the containerServices showDialog(), we're not able to get selected value from a dropdown list which we are dynamically adding to the text message of dialog box. On clicking a button in dialog-box, the selected value is to be forwarded and a function is called.

Even though the onClick event function triggers, we're getting undefined value for 'ronaDialog' when we debug in browser because of which ronaDialog.find('input:text, select').val(); . But as per documentation, it should return a Modal dialog object. Sharing the latest code for the DialogBox element as an attachment.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Saketh,

You can fetch the select id by using  document.getElementById("notReadyReasonCodes") and then get the selected options value from it. Currently, in the above case the showdialog function does not return anything. The document needs to be updated.

Thanks,

Ravi

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ravkota
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello SakethN,

I dont see the attachment or the code snippet. Could you please upload the code?

Thanks,

Ravi

Hello Ravi,

My bad. I thought I uploaded it. Here is the attachment

Hello Saketh,

You can fetch the select id by using  document.getElementById("notReadyReasonCodes") and then get the selected options value from it. Currently, in the above case the showdialog function does not return anything. The document needs to be updated.

Thanks,

Ravi